- This event has passed.
Can Congress Fix the Grid? Legislative Proposals to Support Transmission Buildout
April 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
On Tuesday, April 25, ACEG hosted a webinar to unveil its legislative policy priorities and broadly explore Congressional action that can support essential grid expansion.
The U.S. urgently needs to step up the pace of transmission development to improve electric reliability, enhance American energy security, connect clean energy resources to the grid, and reduce household energy costs. The event delved into a wide array of legislative proposals — from siting and permitting reform to cost allocation to tax credits — with perspective and analysis from the diverse community of people who are deeply invested in improving our grid.
Featured speakers included:
- Nicole Luckey — Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Invenergy
- Megan Vetula — Vice President of Federal Regulatory Affairs, Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- Brett White — Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Pine Gate Renewables
- Bryn Baker — Senior Director of Market & Policy Innovation, Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA)
- Christy Walsh — Senior Attorney and Director of Federal Energy Markets, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Moderated by Christina Hayes — Executive Director, Americans for a Clean Energy Grid (ACEG)
View a recording of the event here.